Tuesday, June 26, 2018
When you own your home, there is no landlord to go ask for help or fix a problem. So Realtor.com recommends homeowners learn to handle these basic problems:
Change the HVAC filters
- Replace this quarterly to keep your air system running well and cut your energy bills
Cutting the water supply
- Find and tag the shut-off valve when you first move in. Then you can easily find it and turn the handle 90 degrees when it needs to be turned off.
- Learn about chemical drainers and drain snakes. The chemical drainers may work, but a drain snake is also a good option.
Resetting a circuit breaker
- To do this just open the panel cover and find the breaker in the "off" position, then flip it "on."
- These need to be cleaned annually or every two years to avoid debris build-up that can trap water. Trapped water can seep into your home and cause thousands in damage.