Ten Questions Your Real Estate Agent should Ask.
Good real estate agents will ask their clients a series of questions to determine if they are ready to buy! These are 10 questions you should always be asked before buying.
- Have you been in front of a good lender, and do you know what loan programs you qualify for?
- Are you in the military? You can qualify for a VA loan.
- What is your budget? What are you currently spending on rent? What would you be comfortable with for monthly mortgage? (first time home buyers should not spend more than 25%-32% of their net income on housing.)
- Do you have any savings or family support for a possible gift toward a down payment?
- How long do you envision living in your first home?
- How far is a neighborhood from work or school?
- What do you need from the community in which you want to purchase?
- Are you aware of the cost to maintain a home so that it retains its value?
- How about utilities? Are you prepared for a water bill to water a large yard, or heating bills during winter months?
- What are your expectation from me?